May 16, 2008

As a secular Israeli, why should I vote for a religious Jew?

Moshe Feiglin:

The truth is that the concepts "religious" and "secular" are no longer relevant, and I only use them as a last resort. I do not define myself as "religious," and Judaism is not a religion.

I think that you should vote for a believing Jew to lead our country, and that if you don't, our country will continue to disintegrate -- no matter how good the intentions of whatever other leader is chosen. Without a perspective of faith in G-d, it is impossible to face the challenges of Israeli reality. Without faith, there is no real answer to the simple question of what are we doing here and why shouldn't we move to Uganda or New Zealand?

I am not asking you to change your lifestyle. I am simply offering you leadership services of a different kind -- leadership that is grounded in 4,000 years of history and not just in the past 50 years. I am offering leadership with vision and the courage to make our vision reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment